Monday, May 3, 2010

Introduction


Before I begin, I think it best to start at the beginning. I've been a fan of anime for about five to six years now and have found myself at a standstill waiting for the next best anime to grace my eyes. Working in the film industry in Los Angeles is like living a fairy tale where you find yourself surrounded by all the mythical creatures and characters that one would find lurking on the screen.

I've always been somewhat good at a lot of things but never great at one. So in my unending quest of glory, I've taken on a project of another kind- ANIMATION.

The closest I've ever been to animating anything was working on the Warner Bros lot for a animation company- getting their coffee. But during my time I learned the workflow and the departments and found it all slightly interesting but it wasn't anime, it was CGI with 3D characters and what not.

For the past couple of months the film work in LA has declined so I've started my own project of creating/drawing/completing a anime movie that I will release to film festivals, because, why the hell not?

Ive always enjoyed the works from Makoto Shinkai



and wanted to do something in the style of their films without the big budget, because, frankly, there is no budget for my movie.


I've got a vague outline of the story and enough free time to paint my place a thousand times. So without further ado, lets begin.

(Did I mention I gave myself only three years to complete this one hour long, 86,400 frame movie? *cough*)

No comments:

Post a Comment